Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community  
Go Back   Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community > Cake Forum > Cake Disasters

Old 05-25-2016, 01:57 AM   #1
Charlievw

View Charlievw's Photo Album My Photos
Default Baking deep cake in ceramic dish

I have to bake a doll dress shaped cake for my niece's birthday this Saturday, but I don't have a doll dress mold (and I live in a small town so won't be able to get one in time) so I thought of baking it in a ceramic dish with the right shape. I tried it last night with all the tips and tricks I could find on the internet (flower nail in the centre as heating core, wet towel strips wrapped around the dish, baked it for an hour and a half at a lower temperature). When it came out of the oven it looked PERFECT! A skewer came out 100% clean and the top of the cake was the flattest I have ever seen. I even sent my mom a photo to brag with my "perfect" cake. I left it in the dish to cool and went to bed, only to find a disaster this morning. The centre had collapsed completely! I used a recipe for quite a dense cake and I've baked two normal 8 inch cakes from the same batter afterwards (it makes quite a large batch) which came out fine, so I know it's not a problem with the recipe or the mixing. I know this is a very unideal situation, it being a very deep cake (about 6 in) to get the right shape as well as baking it in a ceramic dish, but unfortunately this is all I have available and I have to make it work! Any suggestions on what I can do differently? Should I bake it even longer, even when the skewer comes out clean?
Charlievw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CakeForum.com

Join Cake Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CakeForum.com is a free community of fun people who enjoy making cakes and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Cake Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CakeForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 04-01-2017, 03:23 AM   #2
adamadison

View adamadison's Photo Album My Photos

Don't worry, with icinginks cake is very much easy to bake. IF you don't have any equipment's to bake photo cake easily then go our website i.e. icinginks dot com and buy from there and make cake which ever you want.
adamadison is offline   Reply With Quote