Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community  
Go Back   Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community > Cake Forum > Cake Disasters

Old 04-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
asmita123

View asmita123's Photo Album My Photos
Default Common Cake Baking Problems And Solutions

Problem 1: Cake falls or sinks

If you find your cake to fall outside or sink on the center, there are various problems that may be underlying. It could be due to excessive use of chemical leavener like baking soda or baking powder, since they cause air bubbles to get bigger forcing the cake to fall and become very heavy and flat. Also, your cake may sink due to an exceptionally large pan or a too small pan. To solve this problem, reduce the amount of chemicals used in the recipe, choose the correct pan size, and do not over-bake the cake.

Problem 2: Cake is Lumpy

If your cake turns out to be lumpy, either you haven’t blended the ingredients properly; especially the butter and sugar or probably, you have over beaten the batter. A properly mixed batter is one that is creamy and smooth in texture and free from lumps. Solve this problem by reading the mixing instructions carefully and following the procedure accordingly. If the words say ‘beat until light and fluffy’ or ‘cream together butter and sugar’, blend the ingredients at least 3 to 4 times. Further, always use a round mixing bowl with sloping sides. Also, scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula to blend the batter evenly.

Problem 3: Cake is too Dry

Your homemade cake may appear too dry due to use of excessive flour or leavening agent. In addition, insufficient use of butter or sugar and baking the cake on high temperature or for longer durations can also cause this problem. Therefore, reduce the amount of flour, baking soda, or baking powder, or add in a little more shortening (butter) to the batter. Also, ensure that you turn the oven to the right temperature and do not over bake the cake.
asmita123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CakeForum.com

Join Cake Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CakeForum.com is a free community of fun people who enjoy making cakes and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting started or if you’re an old pro, you’ll find the Cake Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it’s totally free!

Join CakeForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 08-29-2014, 03:50 AM   #2
ravi123

View ravi123's Photo Album My Photos

wow. Thanks for sharing this type of best solutions. I really get so many good ideas from your post. I think this tips is really helpful to other who make cakes.
Really appreciate your work.
ravi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:19 AM   #3
gifts123

View gifts123's Photo Album My Photos

I really appreciate your information., Thanks for your help.
gifts123 is offline   Reply With Quote