Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community  
Go Back   Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community > Cake Decorating Ideas and Help > Holiday Cakes

Old 08-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Lee

View Lee's Photo Album My Photos
Default Labor day cakes?

Anyone ever made a fun labor day cake? Any pictures?
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CakeForum.com

Join Cake Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CakeForum.com is a free community of fun people who enjoy making cakes and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Cake Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CakeForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 09-19-2014, 05:15 AM   #2
ravi123

View ravi123's Photo Album My Photos

Well, I made Berry Summer Pudding

Method :-

5- cups mixed berries (I used a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
1/2 to 2/3 -cup sugar, depending on the sweetness of your berries
1 - loaf dense white sandwich bread (I like Pepperidge farm)
Heavy cream for serving

Methods:-

Put the berries and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium low heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Taste (careful, it's hot!) and add more sugar if it doesn't seem sweet enough. Let the mixture come to a simmer and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until the berries are still whole but have released a significant amount of juice.

Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Select a 4 to 5 cup bowl or round mold. Trim the crusts from the bread and line the bowl with one layer of bread, cutting the bread into pieces and fitting them in like a puzzle (see photos above). Carefully spoon about half of the cooled berries and their juices into the bread-lined bowl. Arrange another layer of bread over the berries and then spoon the rest of the berries over the bread layer.

Add a final layer of bread to the top, taking it all the way to edges of the bowl so the juices are sealed in. Cut a round of cardboard to fit inside the bowl (it should be able to sink down a few inches) and cover it with foil. Lay this on top of the pudding and weight it down with something heavy (I used two small cast iron skillets stacked on top of a shallow bowl turned upside-down).

Refrigerate the pudding at least overnight, and for up to 36 hours. Remove the weights and the cardboard and carefully turn it out onto a serving platter. Cut it into slices at the table, passing around the cream to drizzle over the top.

ravi123 is offline   Reply With Quote