Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community  
Go Back   Cake Forum - Cake Decorating Community > Cake Forum > Cake Showcase

Old 04-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
BigRedSwitch

View BigRedSwitch's Photo Album My Photos
Default My first Modelling Chocolate cake.

Hi all,

This is my first post, but I've been making cakes on an amateur level for my kids birthdays for a few years now. I'll follow this post with some of my previous efforts in the introduce yourself forum.

This is my latest cake, which is my first using modelling chocolate. It's based on the characters from 'Frozen', and is for my daughter's birthday party this afternoon.

Everything on the cake is edible. I won't take any shortcuts to get the models right which would mean it isn't (even though the decorations are never actually eaten!). The figures are made from modelling chocolate (which I made from Candy Melts and Glucose Syrup), the ice shards are made from melted foxes glacier mints, and Elsa's cape is made from jelly which was coloured with food colouring and was made in multiple layers so I could put edible candy stars in there too.

All the models were built using white modelling chocolate and then hand painted with Rainbow dust modelling chocolate paint.

I have to say that I'm not that happy with Elsa's face, but as it was my first effort with Modelling chocolate, I guess I'm allowed a pass.

What do you all think?

Col.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (95.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (94.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image5.jpg (95.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image6.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image7.jpg (94.8 KB, 0 views)
BigRedSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CakeForum.com

Join Cake Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CakeForum.com is a free community of fun people who enjoy making cakes and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Cake Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CakeForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 01-07-2017, 02:23 AM   #2
bookthesurprise

View bookthesurprise's Photo Album My Photos

Hii

This cake is really nice,bokthesurprise have all verity of cakes with good taste you can visit that
bookthesurprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:52 AM   #3
bangwinni

View bangwinni's Photo Album My Photos

My genuine feedback: face is only thing that need to be improve for next preparation, rest it is completely amazing cake to have, look at back side its look like a real doll toys, Well effort, prepare better and better every time.